Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Node js _newrelic_native_metrics-3_1_2 link missing

Hi , I found that https://download.newrelic.com/nodejs_agent/builds/_newrelic_native_metrics-3_1_2-native_metrics-67-linux-x64.gz missing…

Hi @farseercarl!

I’m happy to help you troubleshoot this. To start off, I’d like to gather some more information.

I’m curious, did you receive an error related to this when trying to run npm install newrelic --save?
If not, could you please provide some more details about how this came up for you?

Additionally, can you tell me more about your environment?

• What version of Node are you running?
  • What version the New Relic Node Agent are you running?
  • If you encountered this as an error on installation, are you installing on Windows?

Cheers!

–Sara

I’m getting the same issue. I’m running npm v6.6.0 on a mac and the error is from installing native-metrics with the following command (with output):

➜  dam-ams git:(monitoring-spike) ✗ npm i @newrelic/native-metrics

> @newrelic/native-metrics@3.1.2 install /Users/projects/ep/dam-ams/node_modules/@newrelic/native-metrics
> node ./lib/pre-build.js install native_metrics

> /usr/local/Cellar/node/11.4.0/bin/node /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js clean configure
gyp ERR! configure error
gyp ERR! stack Error: Command failed: /usr/local/opt/python/libexec/bin/python -c import sys; print "%s.%s.%s" % sys.version_info[:3];
gyp ERR! stack   File "<string>", line 1
gyp ERR! stack     import sys; print "%s.%s.%s" % sys.version_info[:3];
gyp ERR! stack                                ^
gyp ERR! stack SyntaxError: invalid syntax
gyp ERR! stack
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:294:12)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:189:13)
gyp ERR! stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:978:16)
gyp ERR! stack     at Socket.stream.socket.on (internal/child_process.js:395:11)
gyp ERR! stack     at Socket.emit (events.js:189:13)
gyp ERR! stack     at Pipe._handle.close (net.js:613:12)
gyp ERR! System Darwin 18.2.0
gyp ERR! command "/usr/local/Cellar/node/11.4.0/bin/node" "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "clean" "configure"
gyp ERR! cwd /Users/projects/ep/dam-ams/node_modules/@newrelic/native-metrics
gyp ERR! node -v v11.4.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.8.0
gyp ERR! not ok
Error: Failed to execute install: Error: Failed to install module: Error: Failed to execute /usr/local/Cellar/node/11.4.0/bin/node /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js clean configure: code 1; Error: Failed to download https://download.newrelic.com/nodejs_agent/builds/_newrelic_native_metrics-3_1_2-native_metrics-67-darwin-x64.gz: code 404
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! @newrelic/native-metrics@3.1.2 install: `node ./lib/pre-build.js install native_metrics`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the @newrelic/native-metrics@3.1.2 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

This same error came from running npm install newrelic originally. I can see from following the link listed by @farseercarl that the resource is not found, as shown by the 404 in the output from my npm install command.

Hey Michael,

I made a ticket for your case, so we can take a look at this issue more carefully. Expect to hear from us soon.

Best,

-Luces

UPDATE ON THIS POST:

Michael and I reviewed his output for $ npm install @newrelic/native-metrics --loglevel=silly
and in the installation errors that came up, we found out that his MacOs environment was missing python v2.7, which is one of the requirements for installing the Node agent.