Not able to see Heroku logs after drains successfully configured

Hello,

I’ve successfully added Heroku drains to my log management but no logs are coming in. I do see an insights key (automatically created) and the drains token is correct.

What could I be missing?

Thanks,
George

Hi @george.ferreira,

Welcome to the Explorer’s Hub! There could be a few reasons why you are not seeing your logs. It sounds like you have completed the setup correctly as the steps listed in Heroku cloud integration for log management. My suggestion would be to take a look at Heroku’s troubleshooting steps listed in Debugging drains to see if you can resolve the issue.

Let me know if this helps!

Hello @tpaul1 ,

Thanks for the response!

Indeed I followed the steps listed in Heroku cloud integration for log management. I’ve even watched the video to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

I’ve also tried Debugging drains and I had no luck. Note that I have another drain setup to Papertrail and that is working fine. So I assume the Heroku side of things are ok.

I’ve tried to remove my initial integration and create a new one. Just to realize that I can’t actually remove the Heroku integration from New Relic. In any case, I have a new Insights Key and a new Heroku Token configured since last night. And this is also not working.

Anything else I could check?

Thanks,
George