Not getting notification on Teams

Hi,
I have created a policy. It is showing that it is in critical state but there is no incidence.
My goal is to send notification to Teams if it violates, thus i have created notification channel with webhook and added policy.
Can you please let me know what else i need to do to get notification on teams ?

Policy : https://one.newrelic.com/launcher/nrai.launcher?platform[accountId]=3220233&pane=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJhbGVydGluZy11aS1jbGFzc2ljLnBvbGljaWVzIiwibmF2IjoiUG9saWNpZXMiLCJwb2xpY3lJZCI6IjE1ODEwNzQifQ==&sidebars[0]=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJucmFpLm5hdmlnYXRpb24tYmFyIiwibmF2IjoiUG9saWNpZXMifQ==&state=ab36c8f5-98cb-b0fd-c777-43aff6b229be

Notification : https://one.newrelic.com/launcher/nrai.launcher?platform[accountId]=3220233&pane=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJhbGVydGluZy11aS1jbGFzc2ljLmNoYW5uZWxzIiwibmF2IjoiTm90aWZpY2F0aW9uIGNoYW5uZWxzIiwiY2hhbm5lbElkIjoiNTU2MzY5NSJ9&sidebars[0]=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJucmFpLm5hdmlnYXRpb24tYmFyIiwibmF2IjoiTm90aWZpY2F0aW9uIGNoYW5uZWxzIn0=&state=e6135a25-4502-f30d-afce-2a7c0c96a49c

@a.talukdar - New Relic is a consumer of Cloud Integrations data types – that is, we reach out via API and receive data back from a third party provider. These data types are thus prone to unavoidable data latency, since we have no control over how quickly we receive the data to ingest it. This article goes into some detail about this “data latency” and how it can affect NRQL alert conditions, especially when they query Cloud Integrations data types.

This condition has Evaluation Offset set to 1 minute, resulting in an implicit SINCE 1 minute ago UNTIL NOW being added to the query every time it is run, once every minute. The data is not coming in that quickly, and thus these queries are returning no data to evaluate. We recommend setting Evaluation Offset to 15 minutes in these cases (mentioned in the article I linked above and in this documentation).

Making this change will not result in a retroactive violation being opened. However, allowing for the data latency that is inherent with AWS Cloudwatch data will let the alert evaluation system see all the incoming data and properly open violations moving forward.

2 Likes

Thanks for the trick @dkoyano , now it is working.

1 Like