Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

NRQL query to alert if usage for an application increases by more than 10% as compared to previous day

Can someone please help to create an NRQL query which can alert us if usage for any of our application increases by more than 10% as compared to previous day.

How do you define “usage”: Number of server-side transactions? Number of browser sessions? Something else?

@philweber AICU usage for APM metrics for our applications. i am trying below query but it’s not helping

select sum(apmHours*(apmMaxMemoryMb/1024)) as ‘AICUs’ from NRUsageEvent where productLine=‘APM’ since 1 day ago compare with 2 day ago FACET apmAppName

@philweber If this is currently not possible with NRQL, is it possible to have query which can tell apps which were not sending data yesterday or last week but are sending today or viceversa.

Hi @kushagra_agarwal - I think your solution is going to be achieved by writing a Synthetic script to check the values and then fail based on your thresholds or conditions. I cannot think of supported functions within a NRQL alert which would provide the same function.

Thanks for your response @stefan_garnham…is this possible using NRQL or we need to write script for this

is it possible to have query which can tell apps which were not sending data yesterday or last week but are sending today or viceversa.

You will not be able to write a NRQL condition so an API synthetic script will be required. You can call the Insights API to gather the data, probably one for before and one for after. Use the assert module to make the synthetic fail. Add the synthetic failure to an alert condition for notifications.

Let us know how you get on if you do write a script for this @kushagra_agarwal :slight_smile: