NRQL Query Used To Generate 'App Server Breakdown' For Each Transaction

I’m trying to figure out what NRQL query is used to generate the Transaction specific ‘App Server Breakdown’ that shows the breakdown by segmentName for each transaction. Is there a specific metric for each transaction name?

I know at the app level it uses:
SELECT average(apm.service.overview.web) * 1000 FROM Metric WHERE (entity.guid = ‘GUID’) FACET segmentName

Hey there @hadrien2 -

Thanks so much for this question. I would love to look into this for you, but have to admit that I am not an expert in our entire platform and could not find the “App Server Breakdown” chart you are referencing. Would you mind sending a permalink or screenshot?

1 Like

Hey hross!

Thanks for getting back to me!

I’m not sure how to generate a permalink for this chart but here is a screenshot. I’m referring to the App server breakdown chart - the colorful chart on the right that shows breakdown by time spent in middleware/dbs/etc.

I would love to get the NRQL query used to generate this on a per transaction basis!

Hi, @hadrien2: Try this:

SELECT average(newrelic.timeslice.value) * 1000 
FROM Metric 
WHERE appName = 'Your Application' 
  AND scope = 'Transaction Name' 
FACET metricTimesliceName 
SINCE 30 MINUTES AGO 
TIMESERIES
1 Like

Thank you! Super helpful! Now I just need to figure out if I can add an additional scope based on which one of our clients made the request. Thanks!

1 Like