New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Nrsysmond uses 100% cpu

nrsysmond
bug
cpu

We’re using newrelic-sysmond 2.3.0.132-1 on CentOS 7 witht the following kernel 3.10.0-327.10.1.el7.x86_64

nrsysmond uses 80-100% cpu most of the time. The spikes come regularly every 20-30 seconds.
I have already restarted the agent, but nothing has changed. Any ideas what’s going on?

I couldn’t find any information in the logs.

@ceecko could you post a permalink to the host you’re showing the high CPU usage for us to investigate further?

To create a permalink to any page within the New Relic user interface, scroll to the bottom and click ‘Permalink’ all the way on the right next to ‘Kiosk Mode.’ This will show us the exact page and time period that you are observing.

Did you find out why? I have the same issue.

@ceecko Did you get it working correctly?

Hi there @ricardo.lozano -

Very sorry for the belated response. I suspect that we’ve been struggling with a response for a couple of reasons, but it’s not acceptable in any event. Here’s what I can tell you -

It does not look like @ceeko opened a ticket or responded to our request for more information, so I can’t tell you if/how his problem was resolved.

I also want to make sure that you are aware that our Servers product is reaching end of life on May 15:

Because of that, we are not currently providing support for Linux Server Monitor.

If I have misunderstood what you are looking for, please let me know.