Object doesn't support property or method 'getRandomValues' on IE11

When loading the page on IE with new relic’s browser agent, I see the error in the screenshot above. This seems to be happening because the script is writing to window.crypto so it never reaches window.msCrypto

This is preventing initial page load from being registered on IE11

@rishabh.chauhan Thanks for writing a post here!

Are you still seeing this if you remove the browser agent? Is this happening on the Lite, Pro or Pro+SPA agent?

It’s hard to say with certainty what the screen shot is showing; it’s possible that this is just displaying the stack trace?

I would also suggest taking a look at how you’ve installed the browser agent. I’m not sure where “new-relic-1184.js” is coming from as usually the agent version in the script block is labeled as such: js-agent.newrelic.com/nr-1184.min.js. Are you self-hosting the agent? Are you loading it from an external file?

Thank you again,

@cfrankenfield

Sorry for the confusion. This is happening for the Pro+SPA agent. We put this agent in an external file named ‘new-relic-1184.js’ which is the file name you see in the screenshot.

Looking forward to your reply

@rishabh.chauhan Thank you for your clarification. Will make sure @cfrankenfield is aware. Thanks :slight_smile: