Observability Maps

I am using an observability map to view the status of servers on our site. Everytime I logout and login the map is changing so the items are not in the place I want them.

Before Image

After Image

2 Likes

That looks well neat; didn’t even realize this was possible to do, let alone with observability maps.

1 Like

@rishav.dhar - This isn’t an out of the box tool, Observability Maps is a custom nerdpack built by our Programmability Architect. Check it out here: https://github.com/newrelic/nr1-observability-maps

@fred.wallace.combs I’m going to tag in @kpather - who built this nerdpack and should be able to help with this :smiley:

1 Like

@rishav.dhar you can also automatically deploy this via the Application Catalog to your account, see under the apps section.

@fred.wallace.combs if you are able to raise a github issue, and share a copy of your map export, I’ll be able to debug this issue further. Bit difficult trying to replicate what could potentially be going on from just the screenshots unfortunately, so the export will be very helpful to me.

2 Likes

Well for some reason today when I logged in the map did not change like it did yesterday. @kpather would you still like the export? Or should we wait and see if it is working now?

@rishav.dhar or @kpather

While on the subject of Observability maps is it possible to make a dashboard out of a map? Or to include a map into a dashboard?

1 Like

@fred.wallace.combs stepping in here on the behalf of Ryan. @kpather any thoughts on the followup questions?

1 Like

Hi @fred.wallace.combs currently the way dashboards are designed it is not possible to include a map.
However it is possible to do the reverse, and add a node that could reference a dashboard and it would overlay over the map.
On the first part of your question, to create a dashboard out of a map, how would you expect that to work/look? eg. if you had several APM and infra nodes on a map, what charts would you want to be generated?

1 Like