New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Only non-web transaction data is being recorded

cli
nginx

Please paste the permalink to the page in question below:

https://rpm.newrelic.com/accounts/1363318/applications/208981712?tw[end]=1543519132&tw[start]=1543515532

Please share your agent version and other relevant versions below:

New Relic daemon version 8.3.0.226-56d5a21db092

Please share your question/describe your issue below. Include any screenshots that may help us understand your question:

I have installed the php agent on an Amazon Linux 2 server, which is running nginx 1.12.2 and php 7.2.11(fpm-fcgi).

I’m polling an api endpoint on that server, so I know that there’s web traffic on the machine. I can see this traffic in our application logs. But I don’t see any of this data appearing in the APM Application dashboard.

I also have a watch command polling the application locally on that same box via CLI. This traffic is showing up as “non-web transactions” in the APM dashboard.

The watch poll command is running as the same linux user as the php-fpm and nginx worker pools.
I’ve looked over the configuration of the daemon, and it appears to be set up correctly; I can transcribe the various ps output and file permissions if needed. /var/log/newrelic/php_agent.log is full of “Failed to connect to the newrelic-daemon” errors.

I have been able to get it working on a few occasions by restarting the server processes, but these machines are build automatically as part of our auto-scaling, so a manual fix isn’t suitable.
I tried adding stop daemon; stop nginx; stop fpm; start nginx; start fpm to the end of the deployment script, but it didn’t work.

Any advice for the next thing to try?

I’ve detailed this type of issue here:

The starting point is to create a phpinfo() page to make sure the New Relic PHP extension is loaded by FPM. If not, the installer might not have been able to find your FPM binary so you’ll need to specify the path with an environment variable before rerunning the installer:

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/php-agent/advanced-installation/silent-mode-install-script-advanced#NR_INSTALL_PATH