Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Only send alerts during a specifc time window each day

alerts-beta
feature-idea
new-alerts
rfb

Thanks for adding your +1 @Jeremiah.Parrack - The alerts team are actually in the planning phase - setting up for the work to get a Maintenance Windows feature built.

Any status on this? I am very interested in this so we can ignore alerts during maintenance window.

Hey @glutz - Thanks for the +1… as for an update - I have nothing more of an update than that which I mentioned in my most recent comment:

I’ll get your +1 added internally so we have an accurate representation of our users need for this feature.

Thank you Hugh Gardiner

+1 any updates on this feature request?

@daniel.poloche Nothing right now - but as I mentioned the Alerts team are starting work on this. We’ll update the explorers hub as we get more information. :smiley:

+1 I’ve already voted as well. Any news about this?

@gerardo.melia - the latest update we have is the same as the previous one - that the Alerts team have started to work on this. We have no timeline, but this is definitely in the works right now.

+1 @RyanVeitch Thank you for the updates!

No worries @brian_huynh - Your +1 has been added :smiley:

So…has anyone suggested the ability to suppress alerts for a specific server? Use case would be alert conditions that on a single server may keep bouncing between good and alert condition, but, we are aware of the situation and working on it. Until fixed, I dont need that particular condition to alert for that servers or for ANY condition to alert for that server.

Any ETA on this feature? very much needed for our requirements.

+1 - we’d love this type of feature

Hi all - No dates I can share right now, but the Alerts team is working on a Maintenance Window solution. Like I said I don’t have detail on when, but it is something we’re working towards.

I’m a bit perplexed as to how this feature hasn’t been added when other products have had it since this thread was opened 5 years ago. While it would have been really nice then, now it makes new relic almost useless without major configuration changes on each host. I should be able to apply a runtime or maintenance window to an environment via the GUI assigned to a FILTER group. What compounds this issue is when my scheduled runtime environments come online, they create a new host according to their EC2 instance ID, which then alerts as down 5-10 minutes later because the agent updates the host name.

Hi @PPrimmer Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. It has been a while - but Alert Condition muting rules are coming! While I don’t have dates confirmed, the team are hard at work getting this feature ready for release very soon.

Keep an eye on this thread, we’ll be sure to update it as soon as we can with more details.

Feature Idea: Is it Possible Set a Scheduled Maintenance Window?

Can you give a time frame? I support a development team. I am familiar with release schedules. If they are coming there should be development/testing/implementation/production schedules in place, no? 5 years later, hearing ‘its coming’, when it was implemented over 2 years ago in related products from New Relic.

Good news: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/muting-rules

Hi Everyone - Just a quick note to say that we have launched Alerts Muting Rules - allowing you to stop your notifications during your maintenance windows.

Check out the docs here: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/alerts/new-relic-alerts/managing-notification-channels/muting-rules-suppress-notifications

We’re going to get this thread closed out now that Muting Rules are available, and we’re going to close the poll here too; feel free to ask your Muting Rules questions in the Alerts Space: #support-products-agents:alerts

closed #88