Proactive Detection included at no extra cost, starting March 1st 2021

Hi!

Starting this Monday, March 1st, 2021, Proactive Detection will be included at no extra cost for Full Stack Observability customers.

FAQ:

I’m on the old original product-based pricing plan. Will I get Proactive Detection at no extra cost?

If you have not purchased a specific subscription to Proactive Detection prior to March 1st, 2021, then yes Proactive Detection will now be available at no extra cost.

If you have purchased a specific subscription to Proactive Detection, please contact your account representative.

I’m on the new, New Relic One pricing and billing; will I get Proactive Detection at no extra cost starting March 1st, 2021?

Yes. No action is required on your part.

How many applications can I have monitored by Proactive Detection with this change?

All applications in your account can be now monitored by Proactive Detection at no extra cost. There are some limits to apps allowed per Proactive Detection configuration and there some limits to our integrations with Slack and Webhook which you can find out more about here - data limits. However, all your apps across your accounts can be monitored by Proactive Detection at no additional cost.

I see that by adding Proactive Detection monitoring, events are written to NRDB. Will this increase by data consumption bill?

No, there is no additional charge for Proactive Detection events written to NRDB.

Example Scenario A

Customer A is an existing customer on the old original product-based pricing plan. Customer A has 200 APM applications monitored by New Relic. They have not purchased a subscription to Proactive Detection and have not configured any applications to be monitored by Proactive Detection. Starting March 1st, 2021, they can add all 200 APM applications in the Proactive Detection configuration at no additional cost.

Example Scenario B

Customer B is an existing customer on the new New Relic One pricing and billing. Customer B has 500 APM applications monitored by New Relic. They have 10 of their 500 applications monitored by Proactive Detection and have received a bill each month for approximately $750 a month, based on the number of transactions generated by the 10 applications they selected to be monitored by Proactive Detection. Starting March 1st, 2021 there will be no charge for these 10 apps monitored by Proactive Detection and they can add the additional 490 applications that aren’t monitored for no additional charge.

I hope that unlocking the power of Proactive Detection at no additional cost helps you spot issues faster.

Please watch out for some more improvements to Proactive Detection in a few weeks that I will update here.

Thank you!

Devin

3 Likes

@dcheevers I’m under New Relic One subscription model and earlier in Proactive Detection there was a free limit of 100 Million Transactions per month and anything beyond that was billable. As per your post, don’t we have this transaction limit anymore? Can we monitor any number of Transactions per month using Pro-active Detection without any cost?

1 Like

Thanks for the question.

As per your post, don’t we have this transaction limit anymore?

Yes!

There is no transaction limit anymore.

Can we monitor any number of Transactions per month using Pro-active Detection without any cost?

Yes!

You monitor all your apps, with any number of transactions per month, without any extra cost.

1 Like