Process Filtering configurations not working for infrastructure agent

Hello,

I have installed Newrelic infrastructure agent and wanted to send metric data for java process only. As per the documentation (https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/infrastructure/install-infrastructure-agent/configuration/infrastructure-agent-configuration-settings#include-matching-metrics) I have added “include_matching_metrics” variable in newrelic-infra.yml to filter the java processes but I could see all the processes reporting to Newrelic(Infrastructure->(filter by)Host->Processes Tab). Please find below my newrelic-infra.yml.

license_key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
metrics_process_sample_rate: 20
enable_process_metrics: true
include_matching_metrics:
processDisplayName:
- regex “^java”

Let me know if anything I am missing or any other configuration changes required to filter the specific process for infrastructure agent.

Thanks and Regards,
Sarang

Hi @sarang.dharme, make sure your yaml syntax is correct in newrelic-infra.yml and values are the same as in the config:

process.name: 
    - regex "^java*"
1 Like

Hello @jmore,

Thanks for your response! we are now able to report the Java processes in Newrelic. However, with Java, there are some other processes would like to report but unable to send them. I am using below configuration(please ignore the formatting), could you please suggest if anything missing or changes required in configuration.

metrics_process_sample_rate: 20
enable_process_metrics: true
process.name:
- regex “^java”
- regex “.*dsrpcd.*”
- regex “.*JobMonApp.*”
- regex “.*DSAppWatcherStart.sh.*”

Thanks,
Sarang