Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Python, function_trace() decorated function not appearing in log

I have added the @newrelic.agent.function_trace() decorator to several of my Python functions:

@newrelic.agent.function_trace()
def my_function():

However, I’m not seeing any of the decorated functions in the “show all transactions table” even though they are definitely being called.

This has worked in the past and I don’t think I have changed anything. It has just been a while since I looked in the log.

Anything else I should be doing?

Python, @newrelic.agent.function_trace() functions not appearing in transaction results
Python, @newrelic.agent.function_trace() functions not appearing in transaction results
Duplicate

I have added the @newrelic.agent.function_trace() decorator to several of my Python functions:

@newrelic.agent.function_trace()
def my_function():

However, I’m not seeing any of the decorated functions in the “show all transactions table” even though they are definitely being called.

This has worked in the past and I don’t think I have changed anything. It has just been a while since I looked.

Anything else I should be doing?

Hi @tinebak, it would be useful to get an example of one that is reporting correctly to the dashboard, and one that is not. Also if you have a permalink to the working transactions aswell that would be great :slight_smile: