[Python] Python application running on Kubernetes have

Hi,

We are running python applications on EKS and we want to integrate APM with those application. Followed the document:
https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/apm/agents/python-agent/installation/install-python-agent-docker/
Dockerfile

FROM image-name
RUN pip install --no-cache-dir newrelic
ENTRYPOINT ["newrelic-admin", "run-program"]

running app with CMD gunicorn app_ws:app -w 4

however we are not seeing any data on dashboard

Hi @vardhman.shetti

Thanks for reaching out here, I hope you are well.

Hum it hard to tell exactly whats happening here, due to lack of info. Can you confirm info you are expecting to see ? provide a link to where you are expecting to see it.

I would also suggest having a look here NerdGraph tutorial: Create dashboards | New Relic Documentation.

I love to recommend out Basic Dashboard Quickstarts as it can help align the process to be a bit smoother.

Hi @dcody
Thank you for the reply.

We are trying to get APM data from python application which is running in EKS and you can see in the image data is showing up.

Here are the steps we followed.

Step 1: Built image by installing newrelic python package.
FROM image-name
RUN pip install --no-cache-dir newrelic
ENTRYPOINT [“newrelic-admin”, “run-program”]

Step 2: Set env variables of pod and passing CMD in kubernetes manifest
command : [“gunicorn”, “wsgi:app”]
args : ["-b", “0.0.0.0:8000”, “-w”, “1”,"–worker-connections",“120000”, “–backlog”, “70000”, “–access-logfile”, “./report/gunicorn-access.log”, “–error-logfile”, “./report/gunicorn-error.log”, “–log-level”, “debug”, “–timeout”, “120”]

![Screenshot 2022-05-25 at 12.36.26 PM|690x192]
(upload://1SRGirieTk34XPezGuHQhNJGFbh.png)

Not sure what we are doing wrong.

Hi @vardhman.shetti

Thank you so much for this in-depth reply. Its very informative. I cant see whats wrong here wither, I will need to loop in the Python engineering team, however before that can you send me a permalink to dashboard in question. Note only New Relics will have access here.

This will help speed up the support process. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi @vardhman.shetti,

If you’re still experiencing this issue, I’d recommend running the Python agent testing tool. Please see this documentation for instructions.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!