Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Question re: getBrowserTimingHeader and caching

integration

Hi

Question: We want to use getBrowserTimingHeader() to inject the NR headers to our HTML template. However, we cache thje HTML page in CloudFront and serve to multiple users.

On https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/nodejs-agent/supported-features/new-relic-browser-nodejs-agent it mentions:

Call the header once for every request. Do not cache the header.

So does this mean we cannot use this method, and must continue to use the static script? Or does it refer to capturing and caching just the output from that method call?

let me know if there are any other details I can provide.
thanks!

Hi there @mamihod!

Thanks for writing in to the community. I can see that it appears you have a support ticket open with us on this issue. I wanted to let you know that we will continue to troubleshoot with you from there. As for this post here, we encourage people to circle back to their community post to share the solution. That way, others in the community can learn from your resolution. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

thanks. that’s my intention to circle the info back - still waiting for final word from support, so I didn’t want to post potentially wrong info yet.

We’re looking forward to hearing how your Support Ticket goes :smiley:

closing the loop on this: final word from support:

I was able to confirm that for a cached page, you’re going to want to use the copy and paste version for the Browser monitor rather than the APM injection.

Switching to the copy and paste method does mean that you would lose the unified front end to back end reporting on the application, but for a cached page, this is going to give you a more accurate measurement than is possible with the APM injected version currently.