Retrieve metadata (parameters) monitored by New Relic agents for each New Relic product under an account

Hi,
We want to build a comprehensive observability dashboard. As part of this, we need to find out which all new relic features an app is currently configured to use and then come up with a score.
We need to find out what all metadata or parameters are enabled and collected for each of the applications vs the available parameters/metadata in new relic.
Please can you help me guide if there’s an api which i can use to retrieve, the entire applications configured under an account and all the parameters that are collected/monitored for each of the applications? Also is there an api which can be used to get which all features, parameters are available for each agent?

@vzmaas in regards to these:

We want to build a comprehensive observability dashboard.

Start here: Introduction to dashboards

we need to find out which all new relic features an app is currently configured to use and then come up with a score.

Can you explain your use case around this? I want to be able to tell if this is something we can come up with in the UI or NerdGraph or if it’s more of an accounts question.

We need to find out what all metadata or parameters are enabled and collected for each of the applications vs the available parameters/metadata in new relic.

Metadata is defined by you so there are an unlimited number of possible parameters or metadata that you can use. To retrieve them, you can either use the UI or you can use NerdGraph.

Please can you help me guide if there’s an api which i can use to retrieve, the entire applications configured under an account and all the parameters that are collected/monitored for each of the applications?

This is also a good use for NerdGraph: What can you do with NerdGraph?

Also is there an api which can be used to get which all features, parameters are available for each agent?

Also a good use for NerdGraph! What can you do with NerdGraph?

1 Like