Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Segfault with Latest Newrelic client and php 7.1

Apache started throwing a seg fault with the latest agent update, where do I open a support request?

Hi @jhopkins,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you provide a little bit more information about what’s occurring when the segfault occurs? Is there a specific code path that is triggering them? Are you able to reproduce it consistently, and if so how?

Additionally, are you also able to send us a stack dump of the crash? A permalink to the application this is happening on would be helpful as well.

To create a permalink to any page within the New Relic user interface, scroll to the bottom and click Permalink ∞ all the way on the right next to Kiosk Mode. This will show us the exact page and time period that you are observing.

Yes, I have a stack trace of it happening, and I can also replicate it consistently. Is it possible to open a ticket so I’m not publishing these in the public?

Hi @jhopkins

Sure thing, I’ll go ahead and open a ticket up. Keep an eye out for an email from me!

same thing here. 9.0.0 segfaults immediately for our CLI processes and fails to start the daemon for our apache/php boxes so we lose all our APM data. have opened a ticket and supplied logs, haven’t heard anything back yet from support.

Hi @karock,

Thanks for letting us know this something you’re running into as well. It looks like you’ve been in communication with one of my colleagues in regards to this. This is something we are actively looking into, and our engineering team is investigating the cause of this. We will be sure to update as soon as we have more information and next best steps.

Please let us know if any questions come up in the meantime!

I’m running into this exact issues as well with all new server builds. I’ve had to disable new relic installation on php servers. where can i see updates of when 9.0 is patched and the apt repos are updated so new servers can safely build?

We have a total of 5.4K+ PHP 9.0 agents reporting, but saw issues with a handful of customers. We don’t feel that we have fully identified the root cause and don’t want to cause any more potential issues. We have officially rolled back this release as of right now, and hope to replace it soon with an updated version.

I’ve just posted an update and a link to a new candidate release that we would be grateful for a couple customers to test also in their environment.

See PHP agent 9.0.1 - candidate release that fixes segfault & memory leak issues