SPA browser section - activate SPA in free plan

Hello guys,
Rebecca in you support chat told me to contact you for my question. I can’t activate the SPA settings for the browser section in the free plan. It asks for a PRO plan. She told me it could be related to an older account configuration. Can you help me here?
Best,
Daniel

Hi @da11, I’m more than happy to look into this for you. Before we get started, could you provide a permalink to your app?

You need the URL of the live application?

Hi, @da11: I think he wants the link to your Browser application in New Relic.

The AppiID is 10151800.

Can you please post the actual URL from the address bar? Just the app ID is not sufficient. Thank you!

https://one.eu.newrelic.com/launcher/nr1-core.explorer?platform[accountId]=2339502&platform[timeRange][duration]=1800000&pane=eyJzZWxlY3RlZENoYXJ0IjoiYnJvd3Nlcl9yZXNwb25zZSIsInBlcmNlbnRpbGUiOjUwLCJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJicm93c2VyLWVudGl0eS1wcmV2aWV3LmJyb3dzZXItYXBwbGljYXRpb24tcHJldmlldyIsImVudGl0eUlkIjoiTWpNek9UVXdNbnhDVWs5WFUwVlNmRUZRVUV4SlEwRlVTVTlPZkRFd01UVXhPREF3In0&sidebars[0]=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJucjEtY29yZS5hY3Rpb25zIiwiZW50aXR5SWQiOiJNak16T1RVd01ueENVazlYVTBWU2ZFRlFVRXhKUTBGVVNVOU9mREV3TVRVeE9EQXciLCJzZWxlY3RlZE5lcmRsZXQiOnsibmVyZGxldElkIjoiYnJvd3Nlci1lbnRpdHktcHJldmlldy5icm93c2VyLWFwcGxpY2F0aW9uLXByZXZpZXcifX0

1 Like

Hi guys, any updates?

Does anyone have an answer to my question? I would really like to treat the app as a SPA, not a regular page.

Hi Daniel! @da11 Thanks for the link here! It looks like you may have already resolved this but please let me know. I took a look at the application link and under Application Settings, it has the Pro+SPA agent toggled on. If you have copied/pasted this script into your application and deployed, you should be seeing the features of this agent.

Though it looks like it’s possible the Lite agent is running on the application as I’m not seeing Pro features like session traces, JavaScript Errors and Ajax Request data in the UI. I ran the below query, grabbed the app domain and tried checking the version currently running on the page but it looks like you’re installing via an external source file so I wasn’t able to.

SELECT * FROM PageView WHERE appName = ‘web_app_prod’ since 1 week ago

To check the current agent version on your application, I’m including a post here that you may find helpful. Really to resolve this though, I think you just need to swap out for the Pro+SPA agent and redeploy. Keep me posted, thanks!