Synthetic scripts fail randomly from different locations

I have synthetic scripts running from two different locations. At random, one fails and does not end successfully, but the other parallel does end well.

How can I validate why a script fails from one location and not from others?

Hi @cristian.pinilla,

Good question! Can you provide the specific error that you’re hitting? This could be the result of intermittent networking issues. We often see this sort of thing result from latency, certain resources holding up the page load, CDN problems, etc. Regardless, I’ll elaborate more once I have a better idea idea of the specific error that you’re running into here.

1 Like

Good morning Masen. I need to be able to explain to the customer why there were massive peak errors on certain days. I have this query that shows me the peak and number of incidents for each entity.name. How can I take it to excel? Can I add the information of the location that generated the incident? If an external public location generates errors. Can we give some technical explanation?

I appreciate your answers

Hi @cristian.pinilla,

This might be a helpful resource for understanding error types here: Synthetics Troubleshooting Framework Timeouts and Error Messages. I’d be curious to see if this is a timeout error that is being experienced here. Also, what kind of monitor is being used?

How can I take it to excel?

You can export to CSV in Dashboards. This is an old doc, but it should have the relevant info here: Export Insights data to CSV file. From there, I believe you should be able to view the CSV in Excel.

Can I add the information of the location that generated the incident? If an external public location generates errors.

I’m not totally sure if I understand this question, but you can run a query to pull location data from a SyntheticsCheck event. Full documentation on that here: New Relic data dictionary | New Relic Documentation

You’d want to run something like `SELECT * FROM SyntheticsCheck WHERE result = ‘failure’ AND location = ‘AWS_US_EAST_1’

Let me know if further clarification is needed here!