New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Synthetics API missing fields in JSON response

rfb

I’m looking at ways to keep an eye on the Synthetics monitors (policing the police), and using the Synthetics API to check the status of each monitor, and then ultimately report if any Monitors are disabled for any reason (having the Maintenance Window facility discussed elsewhere would help here).

When calling the https://synthetics.newrelic.com/synthetics/api/v3/monitors API to get a list of all the Monitors I notice two things I’d like help on…

1. The Total Count value is in the Header, e.g. “X-Total-Count”, surely this should be something in the JSON itself, makes scripting the JSON to find how many calls to use, e.g. if I have more than 100 Monitors then I would need multiple calls with the limit + offset values in the API.
  2. Although the “status” of the Monitor is in the response, the Notifications on/off option in the Monitor General Settings is not in the JSON.

Unless I’m missing something, could these be feature requests please ?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey David, your right at the moment both of these things are currently not possible. I’ll get feature requests filed on your behalf. I’ll also add a poll to your post here for others to vote on.

Many thanks @RyanVeitch