Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Synthetics Uptime Dashboard on Insights

I have a dashboard where I show 24 hour, weekly, and monthly uptime. I haven’t figured out a way to make them all combine into a single widget. So have have three different widgets for each time period. This unfortunately has a lot of duplicate information and takes up extra space.

SELECT 
	percentage(count(*), WHERE result='SUCCESS' or (weekdayOf(timestamp) = 'Thursday' and hourOf(timestamp) in ('21:00', '23:00'))) as '24 Hour Uptime' 
FROM 
	SyntheticCheck 
FACET  
	monitorName in (
		'Public Cloud - Customer SLA', 
		'3.X Leaderboard - Customer SLA', 
		'Public Cloud - Remote Connect', 
		'Admin Portal') 
SINCE 
	1 day ago 
with TIMEZONE 
	'America/Los_Angeles'

Using the query below, I can get it to display the way I want, but because of the single SINCE value it is only going to give a single time period. Is there a way to query the data and output it in the manner I’m looking for?

SELECT 
	percentage(count(*), WHERE result='SUCCESS' or (weekdayOf(timestamp) = 'Thursday' and hourOf(timestamp) in ('21:00', '23:00'))) as '24 Hour Uptime',
	percentage(count(*), WHERE result='SUCCESS' or (weekdayOf(timestamp) = 'Thursday' and hourOf(timestamp) in ('21:00', '23:00'))) as '1 Week Uptime',
	percentage(count(*), WHERE result='SUCCESS' or (weekdayOf(timestamp) = 'Thursday' and hourOf(timestamp) in ('21:00', '23:00'))) as '1 Month Uptime' 
FROM 
	SyntheticCheck 
FACET  
	monitorName in (
		'Public Cloud - Customer SLA', 
		'3.X Leaderboard - Customer SLA', 
		'Public Cloud - Remote Connect', 
		'Admin Portal') 
SINCE 
	1 day ago 
with TIMEZONE 
	'America/Los_Angeles'

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Hey @dmattox - I spoke with a few people internally to see if there was any way we could achieve this. We don’t believe it’s currently possible to query multiple SINCE timeframes in one query.

The only solution for now is to have 3 widgets.

Ok. Thanks for checking.

Is there a way I can plot this as area or line graph. i can see only the option for bar chart

Hi, @saleem.vellekkat: Add TIMESERIES to the NRQL query.

Some kind related. Instead of the percentage of uptime, can I have the minutes?
I know I can change the query adding 2430 in front at the prcentage if I have the monthly time frame as fixed timeframe, but what if I would like to add this to a Dashboard and have the timeframe defined by the dashboard picker?