Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

The golang agent is not reporting traces I expect it to

To test this, I inserted a sleep into a handler and watched the logs. Here are three, three second transactions that don’t log traces, when I expect them to do so:

I have New Relic golang agent debugging enabled, and here’s the debug statement from the transaction end:

2019-08-02T14:33:04Z DBG transaction ended app_connected=true component=newrelic duration_ms=3002.6751 ignored=false name=OtherTransaction/Go/beneinfo.Beneinfo/Status

Which shows that it was a 3 second transaction that wasn’t ignored.

The New Relic golang agent logging also shows that tracing is enabled:

final configuration component=newrelic config="{“AppName”:“mctapi-localdev”,“Attributes”:{“Enabled”:true,“Exclude”:null,“Include”:null},“BrowserMonitoring”:{“Attributes”:{“Enabled”:false,“Exclude”:null,“Include”:null},“Enabled”:true},“CrossApplicationTracer”:{“Enabled”:true},“CustomInsightsEvents”:{“Enabled”:true},“DatastoreTracer”:{“DatabaseNameReporting”:{“Enabled”:true},“InstanceReporting”:{“Enabled”:true},“QueryParameters”:{“Enabled”:true},“SlowQuery”:{“Enabled”:true,“Threshold”:10000000}},“DistributedTracer”:{“Enabled”:false},“Enabled”:true,“ErrorCollector”:{“Attributes”:{“Enabled”:true,“Exclude”:null,“Include”:null},“CaptureEvents”:true,“Enabled”:true,“IgnoreStatusCodes”:[0,5,404]},“HighSecurity”:false,“HostDisplayName”:"",“Labels”:{},“Logger”:"*main.LogAdapter",“RuntimeSampler”:{“Enabled”:true},“SecurityPoliciesToken”:"",“ServerlessMode”:{“AccountID”:"",“ApdexThreshold”:500000000,“Enabled”:false,“PrimaryAppID”:"",“TrustedAccountKey”:""},“SpanEvents”:{“Attributes”:{“Enabled”:true,“Exclude”:null,“Include”:null},“Enabled”:true},“TransactionEvents”:{“Attributes”:{“Enabled”:true,“Exclude”:null,“Include”:null},“Enabled”:true},“TransactionTracer”:{“Attributes”:{“Enabled”:true,“Exclude”:null,“Include”:null},“Enabled”:true,“SegmentThreshold”:2000000,“Segments”:{“Attributes”:{“Enabled”:true,“Exclude”:null,“Include”:null}},“StackTraceThreshold”:500000000,“Threshold”:{“Duration”:500000000,“IsApdexFailing”:true}},“Transport”:null,“Utilization”:{“BillingHostname”:"",“DetectAWS”:true,“DetectAzure”:true,“DetectDocker”:true,“DetectGCP”:true,“DetectKubernetes”:true,“DetectPCF”:true,“LogicalProcessors”:0,“TotalRAMMIB”:0},“browser_monitoring.loader”:“rum”}"

Am I missing something? Why is New Relic not logging traces for these transactions?

Hello Bill!

Could you send me a link to the UI of the application in question? Also if you could private message me a code snippet of how this transaction is instrumented this might help shed some light on what may be happening.