Time series not working as expected

I have a time series graph showing me millions of data points for the last hour, which seems correct.

SELECT Sum(RecordCount) from Metric where metricName = 'metricNameHere' andapp-name= 'my-app-name' TIMESERIES 1 minutes FACET ConsumerTopic SINCE 60 minute ago UNTIL now

This works

when I change to :
SELECT Sum(RecordCount) from Metric where metricName = 'metricNameHere' andapp-name= 'my-app-name' TIMESERIES 1 minutes FACET ConsumerTopic SINCE 120 minute ago UNTIL now

notice the 120 I get zero data points. This is happening on all my queries. Shouldn’t 120 minutes be a super set of the 60 minutes? I have a ton of data points in this timeframe. Removing the FACET and the timeseries, I see datapoints during this timeframe.

1 Like

SELECT Sum(RecordCount) from Metric where metricName = 'metricNameHere' and app-name = 'my-app-name' TIMESERIES auto SINCE 2 hours ago

What does this return?

This is a custom metric you are sending with the API?

1 Like

Hi @ryan.schachte

It’s possible you’re running into the cardinality limit. When this happens, we stop writing aggregated metric data for 24 hours. Aggregated metric data is used when querying time windows greater than 1 hour.

Try adding RAW to the end of your query to force raw data and no aggregation – I’m not positive this will help in this case, but it’s worth a shot. Let us know how it goes!