Transactions page not working anymore

Hi, I can’t seem to make the ‘transactions’ page work anymore.
It started failing on monday : the “Time consumed by top web transactions” chart can’t be displayed anymore.

Additionally, the transactions table fails to display the Avg. and Median columns from time to time, but I didn’t manage to identify a probable cause for that.

Do you have any idea how I could start debugging this issue ?
Note that we released an upgrade last sunday which added an access point to our app.

Hello @lamasse -

We’d love to help you solve this problem. Can you please confirm the account number where you are seeing this issue? I tried to replicate the issue but was unable so I want to make sure I’m looking at the right account.

Thanks!

Sure thing, my account id is 2992997.

Hi @lamasse Are you looking at this table in your APM explorer view → Transaction → then there’s the transaction chart that I also see is showing what your above screenshot shows. I’m not exactly sure what’s causing that at the moment but I would like to offer a possible work around.

It looks like in query builder we are retrieving transaction data that chart just seems to not be populating for some reason under apm…

If you go to query your data and then query builder you can type out a nrql query that can kind of mimic that chart in a way. For example I just tested this on your account SELECT average(duration) from Transaction where appName =‘REDACTED’ since 1 day ago timeseries 1 hour, and was able to pull up a graph of data(test). You could go ahead and write something out as far as what you are looking at exactly monitoring and add it to a Dashboard.

Maybe that could hep for the time being?

Best,

Are you looking at this table in your APM explorer view → Transaction → then there’s the transaction chart that I also see is showing what your above screenshot shows

Yes, that’s where I go to see that the chart fails to load.

If you go to query your data and then query builder you can type out a nrql query that can kind of mimic that chart in a way

It does help indeed. Thank you for this!
Although this can only be temporary since there’s no easy way to change the time period, and no indication of the load on the server.
I’m gonna make a few queries to have a good view of my system’s health.

1 Like

I rebooted my server yesterday, and the charts are showing up today.
Can it be related ?
Is there a specific service that needed rebooting ?

EDIT: Seems like it was working this morning only.
Doesn’t work anymore

Hi again,
I may have found the source of the problem :

I clicked on “View query” and “Open in query builder” and noticed that the transactionName of some transactions were using backslahes (\). Example: ‘WebTransaction/Action/App\Http\Controllers\NotificationController@get’
So I tried escaping the backslashes by adding another backslash before each one and it worked !

1 Like

Hello everyone - it looks like we got to the bottom of this issue over here in this thread:

Let’s go ahead and close this topic out and continue working in the above topic.

Thanks all!