I’m getting a little familiar with NRQL as well as transactions. I have an APM supported system (I think it may be Java). I don’t know that I will need custom instrumentation for transactions. Ultimately, I am trying to build/have NRQL queries to implement in dashboard widgets.
I guess my question to start off with is, for a supported APM, will the existing reported transactions also have the NRQL queries associated with those available in the NR One UI? I didn’t noticed that just quite yet. Ultimately, I am trying to achieve the following NRQL queries
- Error Rate - trends of error rates over time
- ability to see the data by end point - average transaction duration, by application
- Would be nice to also be able to break down by error - such as status code
- Trend of latency by endpoint over time (specified time range)
- Request volume - request rates by transactions, trend over time.
I’m totally new to NRQL( I have taken a SQL course so not totally out of the loop), as well as building out monitoring infrastructure as it relates to actual performance, trends, errors, etc, o I guess I’m putting that out there at least to get some new grounding.