Without looking at your monitor (although I would be happy to if you paste a link to the monitor and the condition we have been discussing, don’t worry only you and NR Admins can use it) it looks like the site was down for three hours. Or, more explicitly, that it was unreachable from at least one of the sites your checks are originating from. It’s a bit nuanced and we can go deeper there if it will be helpful but let’s make sure that’s correct, first.
The ID shown here doesn’t correspond to anything else. It is unique to your account (there is only one incident with that ID for your account, ever) but beyond helping you refer to the incident in question, it is not used anywhere outside of Alerts.
One approach you could take, and one that I have used to great success myself when monitoring New Relic services with New Relic, is to shift your thinking from organizing your conditions by type and towards organizing them by application.
When I do this, I like to create a policy for the application in question and start with the end user experience. Thinking of ways that could degrade and choosing what to monitor by working my way back to bare metal. Your synthetics check is a great example of this! Another could be using the Browser agent and monitoring page load timing. However you want to measure a degraded user experience is up to you and we have a few options.
So then I ask “what would cause that?” Well maybe a slow transaction or a high error rate. So we can then turn to APM and create a condition that monitors that. And of course we continue backwards through the stack. A high error rate could be the result of running out of memory and entering GC death spirals or having too much CPU used. So we have things like JVM health metric conditions or the Infrastructure agent.
By putting these conditions all in one policy, and having the incident preference be “by policy” you would get one incident that all of the violations for every condition in that policy would roll up into. It can really help keep the context grouped together, if what you’re wanting is something to tell you, in one place, everything that violated for that service during the same time period.
Both of these approaches are really valid and different use cases benefit from one or the other (or a hybrid of them!) in different ways. It might be useful to experiment with them, and also tweak it in a way that feels like it works for what you care about. If you do make some changes to your approach I would love to hear back from you, with questions or tales of success.