Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

What does Time Since Last Interaction actually refer to

android

Hi team,

Could you help us understand on the timeSinceLastInteraction attribute? It says “The time, in seconds, since the interaction before a crash event.” But in the logs, we see huge time is recorded and we are not able to relate it with the Event trails.

In our application, we are seeing a crash in login screen on click of signin button click. But Time Since Last Interaction is 29138. And the event trails which has all the events before crash does not relate with the timeSinceLastInteraction value.

Here are the event trails and all are recorded in 11:26:x:x
4 !Crash, Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String ’ on a null object reference Nov. 5th, 11:26:43.209 AM
3 <screen_name> 11:26:24.172 AM
2 11:26:14.070 AM
1 11:26:14.209 AM

Thanks,
Durga

@durga.devi.tjb

It appears that the last interaction is actually being measured in milliseconds. Looking at the event trail, it looks like a total of 29 seconds from start to finish, which aligns with the measurement given for last interaction 29138.

That said, I can understand the confusion when looking at the documentation for timeSinceLastInteraction. It states the measurement being made in seconds, which in this case, would put the timeSinceLastInteraction at about 8 hours.

I’m not sure if this is something that we’ve changed recently, or if it’s a difference between platforms (iOS v Android), but given the confusing nature of this, I’d like to flag this docs page and make any necessary specifications or corrections.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.