alertsPolicyCreate -> Your account is not entitled to use this feature

Hi,

I am trying to use terraform to setup my alerting on newrelic. It is the same terraform I have used in different terraform account but on this particular one I get the error:

Your account is not entitled to use this feature

when terraform tries to create an alertpolicy.

2020-08-11T11:48:59.843+0200 [DEBUG] plugin.terraform-provider-newrelic_v2.5.0: time=“2020-08-11T11:48:59+02:00” level=trace
msg=“request completed” body="{“data”:{“alertsPolicyCreate”:null},
“errors”:[{“downstreamResponse”:[{“extensions”:{“code”:“FORBIDDEN”},
“locations”:[{“column”:3,“line”:2}],“message”:“Your account is not entitled to use this feature.”,
“path”:[“policyCreate”]}],“id”:REDACTED,“locations”:[{“column”:3,“line”:2}],
“message”:“A downstream error occurred.”,“path”:[“alertsPolicyCreate”]}]}" headers="{“Cache-Control”:[“max-age=0, private, must-revalidate”],“Content-Security-Policy”:[“frame-ancestors *.newrelic.com”],“Content-Type”:[“application/json; charset=utf-8”],“Date”:[“Tue, 11 Aug 2020 09:48:59 GMT”],“Proxied-By”:[“Service Gateway”],“Served-By”:[“nerd-graph”],“Server”:[“Cowboy”],“Strict-Transport-Security”:[“max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains”],“Vary”:[“accept-encoding”]}" method=POST status_code=200 url=“https://api.eu.newrelic.com/graphql

I am using the API Key and Admin API Key of the owner, exactly as in the other accounts where it is working. It is also strange that I can create the alert policy from the web interface manually. Is there something I should enable that I missed?

hi @oltretata

Can you let us know the account ID (or just share a link to the account)?

Yes, the account id is 2546091

Hey @oltretata - It looks like that account has a fully lite subscription - this does not allow access to the APIs & Alerts.

We have recently launched a new subscription model that includes a perpetual free tier with full access to the platform, so if that’s something you are interested in you can create a new account from the sign up page and it’ll automatically come with the new subscription model.