New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

APM Transactions by Status Code per Day

developer

I recently received a question about generating CSVs for APM Transactions by Status Code, and I thought it would be a good thing to share with the community:

I have been looking around for a while in the Insights dashboard and APM, and trying to see if there is an intuitive way to pull the following report into CSV format. I would like the number of 404 Transactions (from APM) per day, that occurred for as far back as I have data retention. Similar to an SLA report exported as a csv for a key transaction, but with more history.

I will frequently refer people to @cwhite’s excellent Relic Solution: Using Insights to create the Ultimate SLA report as a good starting point for recreating SLA data. Additionally, always check out Useful Insights NRQL queries library for ideas.

For a query like this, I might suggest:

SELECT count(*) as '404 Responses' FROM Transaction WHERE  httpResponseCode like '404' since 1 month ago FACET dateOf(timestamp) limit 31

You can easily search for much longer time ranges with something like SINCE 12 months ago, specific UTC timestamps like 'SINCE ‘2018-11-01’, or Unix timestamps like SINCE 1541059261.

The LIMIT clause will support a maxmium of 1000 results, but that should get you through most queries by day. It’s a little shy of three years in one CSV.

Finally, you can Export Insights data to CSV file.

How would you approach this query?