Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

App Pool keeps crashing after installing New Relic .Net Agent

I have installed the .Net Agent on a Windows VM that is running DotNetNuke. After installing the agent and restarting the server… the site comes up, however once I log in to the DotNetNuke site, the app pool crashes.

The error that is thrown in the Event View is shown below… I can restart the App Pool after it crashes… but just as soon as I log in again… the App Pool crashes again… There is nothing in the New Relic logs (that I can tell) that indicate any sort of error that occurred… I’m at a loss for what to do to make this work… I would really love to get New Relic working… but I’m at a road block.

Application: w3wp.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The application requested process termination through System.Environment.FailFast(string message).
at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String)
at 兰痱䡻樛㲨빾羄鶯.䚸妯锻⇯Ї읉ᓰ睏()
at …cctor()
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandleInternal ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, Boolean)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type)
at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.Localisation.Generic.HaveApi()
at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.Localisation.Localiser.get_LocalisationApi()
at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.SkinObject.OnPreRender(System.EventArgs)
at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean, Boolean)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean, Boolean)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean, Boolean)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(System.Web.HttpContext)
at ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(System.Web.HttpContext)
at System.Web.HttpApplication+CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication+CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Web.HttpApplication+PipelineStepManager.ResumeSteps(System.Exception)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginProcessRequestNotification(System.Web.HttpContext, System.AsyncCallback)
at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest, System.Web.HttpContext)
at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr, IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32)
at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr, IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32)
at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr, System.Web.RequestNotificationStatus ByRef)
at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr, System.Web.RequestNotificationStatus ByRef)
at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr, IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32)
at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr, IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32)

Hi @bturney,

I have opened up a Support ticket (180347) so that we can gather more information. Once we have a resolution, we will post the answer back to this forum post to help others who may be experiencing the same issue.

Was there no resolution?

@wozniakb -

It looks like the issue was never resolved. Are you facing a similar issue? If so, do you have a stack trace, agent version, and are you using DotNetNuke?