Application Connect Failure - x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

Hello everyone,

One of our devs is trying to monitor an application in go lang running on Amazon ECS.
We have done the ‘add data’ process, deployed the application to AWS but are getting the error below on the container logs.

{“level”:“warn”,“ts”:“2022-11-24T11:19:20.168Z”,“caller”:“nrzap@v1.0.1/nrzap.go:31”,“msg”:“application connect failure”,“service”:“account-monitoring”,“error”:“Post “https://collector.newrelic.com/agent_listener/invoke_raw_method?license_key=&marshal_format=json&method=preconnect&protocol_version=17”: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority”}

I’m not really sure which certificate is this and how to resolve this issue, is anyone able to help, please?

Thanks,
Bruno

1 Like

Solved by adding the line below to my Dockerfile.

COPY --from=build-env /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt /etc/ssl/certs/

2 Likes

Hello @infra121

Welcome to the community, we are excited to have you!

We appreciate you posting your questions here as it helps provide information to other customers with similar issues and promotes open discussion.

We really appreciate you sharing the solution here, well-done on finding it out. I’m sure it will help many other people with the same issues.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of any additional queries or issues. I will be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Vlad