Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Documentation for running a java agent to monitor your Atlassian Applications!

atlassian-conflence
atlassian-jira

HI All,

I am a newbie to the newrelic community. I have heard a lot about newrelic being the best performance monitoring and realtime data analytics tools for Atlassian tools. Many have recommended this so I thought I ll give this a try.
I downloaded the java agent installed it successfully on my app server(RHEL 7 running atlassian-jira) re-started my application.
But still I dont see the agent in my list of connected agents.

What am I doing Wrong here ?
I also found that the documentation is all over but not specific to my requirement.

Thanks in advance
–Sravan

Installing Java Agent for Atlassian Tools
duplicate

Hi All,

I am new to the newrelic community. I have heard many people recommend newrelic to be the best tool for performance monitoring and realtime data anlytics, so I thought I ll try it for my Atlassian Environment.

I have downloaded and installed the java agent successfully on my linux server(RHEL 7) then restarted my jira application but i dont see the agent under my connected agents.I am using the trial licence though.

What am I doing wrong here ? I see that the documentation is all over but nothing specific to my needs.

Thanks in advance.
–Sravan

I finally figured out the reason .
It was because of the proxy and it has be communicating via the HTTP scheme instead of HTTPS.

Anyways the agent works great an gets the realtime data perfectly.

@chivven that’s fantastic news. I’m glad to hear your agents are now reporting as expected :smiley:

Since you’re new to New Relic, you may benefit from taking a look at the Best Practices guides posted here, and taking the associated quizzes to boost your New Relic knowledge.

Feel free to come back to us on the community if you ever have New Relic questions!