New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Error: Maximum payload size exceeded

Hi,

We upgraded to latest Node.js agent, 4.8.1 and getting “Error: Maximum payload size exceeded” when we try to deploy the node.js server.

We traced it to https://github.com/newrelic/node-newrelic/blob/master/lib/collector/remote-method.js#L154, where maxPayloadSize is undefined.

The strange thing is, only 2 of out of 13 servers failed with this error in our cluster.

I am wondering if we can set the custom config for this https://github.com/newrelic/node-newrelic/blob/master/lib/config/index.js#L24

Hi @ping2, I see you have a ticket open for this issue aswell, it would be great if you could post your solution back in here aswell :slight_smile:

Hi,
We are also facing same issue as “maximum payload size exceeded” in one of the servers. Can you please let us know the fix?

@ping2 - Did you get a solution to your support ticket? That may help @nagamanasa.y.yarlaga with the same issue they are facing.

Hi @ping2 and @rdouglas, Can you share your findings or solution here. As we are facing the same issue.

@Yashwanthx.thollikon I just looked into the Support Ticket that @ping2 had opened. It doesn’t look like a resolution was found there. I’ll get a ticket opened for you too, as we’ll need to get some additional info to troubleshoot this.

Once you get the email informing you a ticket has been opened, could you reply to that with the information below so that we can get a quick start to troubleshooting?

• Your newrelic.js config file.
  • The output of npm ls
  • The file where you have require('newrelic'); at the top. This should be the main file of your app (the file where you would type node <name of file> to start your app).

Thanks!!

Hi @RyanVeitch, I got the Support Ticket in mail. I will share the additional info in the ticket and make the followups.

Thank you!

Thanks @Yashwanthx.thollikon - I’m looking forward to hearing how that goes.