Feature Idea: Browser Agent: Make touch listener passive

Google PageSpeed Insights is recommending to “Consider marking your touch and wheel event listeners as passive to improve your page’s scroll performance.”. The culprit is the NR browser agent. I noticed the scroll event has already been set to passive in release v1016, but the touch event is still generating a warning.

Any ideas how to get this into the issue queue / prioritized?

Thanks, Alan

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@alan.fehr This is a great flag! I have submitted a feature idea for our product development team to review. If there is any news on this, I will update this thread and let you know! I have +1 this internally as well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is there any update for this?

Is there any update to this?

Is there any update to this?

I created an issue for this on GitHub and they already prioritized the Issue. You can track the progress here : Add passive flag for touchstart EventListener · Issue #90 · newrelic/newrelic-browser-agent · GitHub

2 Likes