Following on from an Alerts enablement session earlier, one of the major takeaways was a way to log alert events metrics within a single Insights dashboard, from all of our NR accounts. This is detailed here: Sending Alerts data to Insights
With this, we were hoping to extend this functionality further by ingesting some events from 3rd parties as well to display alongside in the dashboard. Unfortunately, this 3rd party source is quite a simple barebones and lacks the ability to set custom headers (i.e.,
X-Insert-Key). It’s limited to accepting a URL input only.
As a result, would it be possible to:
- Disable the custom Header validation for a given dashboard?
- Or, passing the API key into the URL directly (appended to the end)?
- Or, adding basic authentication compatibility to pass in credentials like https://username:firstname.lastname@example.org/?
Would appreciate any ideas/suggestions to proceed further with this endeavour as I can’t edit the 3rd party. Thanks for your time.
New Relic Edit
- I want this too
- I have more info to share (reply below)
- I have a solution for this
We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.