New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Copy Dashboards from One Sub Account to Another

insights
feature-idea
rfb

Vote Now! | Idea: Clone useful dashboards from one account to the other!

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I’ll share a different solution to this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Copy dashboard between sub-accounts
Copy dashboard from one sub account to another

We have a US and UK system. I always want to clone useful dashboards from one account to the other. It would be great to “Copy” or “Import” a dashboard from another sub account.

Do you have any plans for this?

@robert_prince I will be happy to add your name to the list of users who would benefit from cloning dashboards! Putting in a feature request for you now so the Insights product managers can see. I will make sure you get an update if it’s implemented! :blush:

I’d love the ability to clone dashboards too!

Thanks for letting us know, @cchurnick! I have created a poll in this thread so that others can vote as well! :thumbsup:

This would extremely useful, creating a good dashboard takes time and nobody likes doing things twice.

We almost always need the same dashboards both in production and in staging, but our staging servers are in a sub-account.

Great context to have, @rgerosa! Thanks for letting us know! I will pass your use case along to our product team! :blush:

Hi, so I have a main account for Production, and sub-accounts for different envs.

I have a nice dashboard on my main Prod account, but would now like it for my other envs.

I see I can copy it, but only within the account, can you add copy/move to sub-account?

Hi there @ian1 - this is something that has been requested before, so I moved your post over to this feature idea. Please feel free to add your vote up above as well as any other details about how you want this to be implemented. In the meantime, I will also log this with our engineering team.

Best,
Holly

I have the same as @ian1 - a few great looking PROD dashboards that I’d like to copy of other sub-accounts. Was this ever solved by anyone?

Whats the status of this feature I have six environments and I need this

Hi All -

This feature is not currently on the roadmap, but we understand that having this capability would be extremely helpful. In the meantime, the new Dashboard API will allow you to LIST or SHOW the JSON for any dashboard, and then you can use the CREATE endpoint to add it to a different account. Its definitely a workaround, but still allows you to do it programmatically, without having to recreate widgets or pin a ton of charts to dashboards in different sub-accounts.

Plus, you can use the Dashboard API for any other CRUD functions. Its currently in beta, but we expect it to be publicly available around November/December

Mia

Hello can you point me to the dashboard api, i cant see it. If its in beta can i have access please

Hi @luke.defeo - That Dashboard API is still in beta right now. We’ll definitely update this thread when it is generally available!

Hi

Has any progress been made here?

Good news everyone! The Dashboard API is available to all Insights customers. You can find the documentation on using this API here in our Docs: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/insights/insights-api/manage-dashboards/insights-dashboard-api

@sboxall @luke.defeo @furbaez @scollings @ian1 @rgerosa @cchurnick @robert_prince