New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Filtering JavascriptError records by custom attribute

feature-idea

I am tracking a custom attribute, but finding that not all tables in Insights let me filter by them.

I am attempting to use a query like SELECT * FROM JavascriptError WHERE user_id = 1, but this kind of filter only works for BrowserInteractions and AjaxRequests. Is it possible that the error is just not getting the custom attribute somehow, or does that table not track custom attributes?

My goal is to give our developers a dashboard where they can investigate reported issues, and being able to filter JS errors by customer is their number one request. APM has this for errors, but the Browser product does not. Ideally, I’d like to filter in Browser, but doing it in Insights would be the next best place.

Note: I am using the browser/javascript agent.

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @ishmael, I’d be happy to look into this for you! Could you provide a link to the Insights account where you’re running this query?

Sure thing. https://insights.newrelic.com/accounts/1077219

Thanks for looking into this!

Hey @ishmael! What you are looking for doesn’t exist out of the box, unfortunately. I have passed this along to our Insights team - please feel free to add more about your use case that you want them to know! :blush: Also, be sure to vote in the poll I added above. Thanks for letting us know!

Thank you for taking the time reply, and posting the poll!

My pleasure, @ishmael! :+1: