Feature Idea: How to get warning events through webhook?

I am monitoring infrastructure and, as per the few documentation that I followed, we can only get incidents (critical events) through webhook. Is there any way to send warning events as well?

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @Disha.Deshpande - The alerts do not fire warning events through the webhook. You could achieve something similar by using the NerdGraph API to run the query below and then process the data.

SELECT * from NrAiIncident where priority = 'warning'

2 Likes

Thankyou! But is there any way to push this query response using any api/script/webhook?

Is there any way to push this query response using any api/script/webhook?

Yes, use a script to execute query, then send the result to the desired destination (emails, API endpoint, etc). It is not currently possible to have New Relic send warning notifications, but that capability is coming soon.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Send metric data via API

Hi there @Disha.Deshpande -

Phil got you the right workaround for this. Since what you originally asked for is officially a feature request, I have filed this with our product teams as well. I will update you if we learn more.

1 Like