Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Insights dashboards - Character truncation, scrollbars, adjustable columns

feature-idea

I’m not sure why this isn’t possible in the existing product but these are pretty much rudimentary features in most any kind of dashboard application. The Insights dashboards/queries provide limited data in the place that we should see the most data. Particularly when it comes to large result sets and field values that extend beyond an arbitrary character limit (URLs would be an example of this).

1. There currently exists no option to show the entire field
  2. The columns are not adjustable so you cannot drag/move them to see more data
  3. There is no scrollbar available for additional results in the set (other than to ‘expand’ the dashboard)

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @Michael.Sleep! I hear you: the lack of visibility here is frustrating. I have passed your input along as well as created a poll so our community can also chime in. Thanks for sharing that helpful image with us, too!