Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: 'Lights Out' theme with embeddables

feature-idea
rfb

First off, you guys rock! You’ve made amazing progress with insights and we are extracting huge value from this platform!

Thank you so much for adding permalinks for embedding the insights charts! My question is this: is there any way to get the dark theme from the kiosk mode when a chart is embedded? Essentially, we want that same look that is triggered from ng-click="toggleLights()". Even better would be if we could get a link to embed an entire dashboard in kiosk mode! Kiosk mode is very cool, but we want to use the charts internally on machines (wall-mounted monitors) that don’t typically have peripherals. This makes it very hard to authenticate and launch a dashboard. Do you have any plans to embed a kiosk or to secure an embeddable with something like basic auth?

Thanks so much!

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @jrenfro - these aren’t possible right now; I’ve sent your detailed request on to our product managers to review.

Is there any update on this? I think this would be an awesome feature :sunglasses:

This would be a very cool feature, @ransom1538! No news yet, but I will add your interest via feature request so my product managers can see! Thanks!

We need this, too – would like to give someone our dashsboard x.x.x.x/account-foo?kiosk=true

And have it go, by deault, into LIGHTS OUT mode.

Where may this be set? How may this be invoked from URL? Possible?

Thanks

Thanks @ross_x_mohan! I have added a feature request for you as well. Glad you added your voice and use case details here. :thumbsup:

Any updates on this? I created an external dashboard to monitor services for our deployments, I would like this feature as well since I display my dashboard on a big screen and its styled to a dark theme. The section enclosing New Relic graphs are bright which doesn’t look good.

No update to share today, @mich_lang! I have added a poll so this group, and anyone else interested, can vote on seeing this implemented! Thanks! :blush:

Is there any update on this?

HI there @rhalliwell - Unfortunately, this is still not on the near-term roadmap. Sorry that I don’t have better news!

please add dark mode to the kiosks!