Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

[Feature Ideas: Insights] Critical / Threshold Color Codes

Color code works in dash board for both Critical / Threshold only for below query

select latest(abc) from XXX
then dashboard ask for Critical / Warning threshold levels.

Color is not working in dash board for both Critical / Threshold for below query

select latest(abc), latest(cde) from XXX
then dashboard not asking for Critical / Warning threshold levels.

It would be good if there is an option for same. So that many values can be bring into one dashboard and easy for look & fix if any application issue.

New Relic Edit:

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi, @Shriram.Krishnan: You can do that today, you just have to query each value individually:

SELECT latest(abc) FROM XXX
SELECT latest(cde) FROM XXX 

You may display the results of multiple queries (widgets) on a single dashboard.

@philweber

Thank you for your response.

I’m getting “Error at line 1 position 70, unexpected ‘SELECT’”.

Maybe I wasn’t clear. I’m saying you can execute each query individually, create a widget (with optional critical / warning thresholds), and put the widgets on a dashboard:

This way it is possible to display many (color-coded) values on a single dashboard.

@philweber

May be I was n’t clear about my requirement in my first place.

I have 200+ folders to get monitor for aged files count. I want to have 40 folders in one widget to get monitored. Like below.

Existing:

Expectation:

Ah, yes, you weren’t clear. You said you wanted to display the values on a single dashboard, which you can do today as shown above. You want to display them all in a single widget, which is indeed a feature request.

I hope business team will review and create a voting. :relaxed:

Thanks for your help. @philweber

Hey @Shriram.Krishnan - Absolutely I’ll get a poll added to your post here for others to vote on. :slight_smile: