New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Insights Feature request: Add rounding to SUM for whole number

feature-idea

Is there a way to have this select statement return a whole number only? For example is there a rounding function to round up?

SELECT sum(apmHoursUsed) / 750 as 'Hosts' FROM NrDailyUsage WHERE `productLine` = 'APM' AND `usageType` = 'Host' SINCE 3 months ago FACET consumingAccountName

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@john.monroe - within the query there is no way to specify degrees of precision.

You can use the Insights Data Formatter to specify an attribute’s data type and precision (like below), however when you run mathematical operations on the attributes, the results won’t stick to that precision you pre-set.

https://insights.newrelic.com/accounts/{account_id}/manage/formatter

I can move this post over to the Feature Ideas space and add a poll for others to vote too on in query precision/rounding options.