[Java] New Relic slows down the application a lot because it (unnecessarily) tries to look up the host for a database cluster IP that has no DNS entry

We ran into this problem again (support request #313402) today and we lost a lot of time again figuring out what the root cause was (this ticket was created so long ago that is was not in our active memory anymore). In my opinion NewRelic should never slow down the performance of the application (more than needed). Is this a regression or has the bug never been fixed?

We ran into this problem again (support case #313402) today and we lost a lot of time again figuring out what the root cause was (this ticket was created so long ago that is was not in our active memory anymore). In my opinion NewRelic should never slow down the performance of the application (more than needed). Is this a regression or has the bug never been fixed?

NewRelic slows the application down a lot because it (unnecessarily) tries to look up the host for a database cluster IP without a DNS entry.

We ran into this problem again (support case #313402) today and we lost a lot of time again figuring out what the root cause was (this ticket was created so long ago that is was not in our active memory anymore). In my opinion NewRelic should never slow down the performance of the application (more than needed). Is this a regression or has the bug never been fixed?

@koen.van.mierlo Welcome to the community :slight_smile: Thank you for referencing the older ticket associated with this issue. From what I can see there isn’t a bug related to this slow down you are experiencing. I’m going to bring this to the attention of our support team so that they can review.

@JoiConverse We are seeing this, too.