Latest Chrome Versions for Synthetic Monitoring

Hi @RyanVeitch, that’s great news, thank you!

Can we get notified somehow once this feature is available?

Will this include Selenium WebDriver 4.x?

This chrome upgrade is a must and I hope to see it ASAP. Currently, we cannot use scripted browsing anymore!

2 Likes

Hey @gwilkes !
We are currently using Selenium WebDriver 4.

@tech221 you can keep an eye here for updates on various products:

@ahoffmann any further updates on this, we’ve had to stop using synthetics as our sites show you a message to update your browser as it’s so out of date.

No other updates at this time. We will definitely let you know as soon as we can share something.

Hi @hross

Please let us know once this is available. This is kind of critical do our monitoring/observability targets since last month.

Thanks

1 Like

You got it @matheus.nishida-ext - I will update you as soon as I hear more.

+1 a more recent chromedriver version is definitely needed, Version 72.0 is three years old by now

Hello all!

We have heard back from the product teams that they are actively working on this and we should have an update next week. I appreciate everyone’s patience and your advocacy for this!

1 Like

How long is a week in NewRelic time? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good point @Virgil.Palanciuc - and even more sorry for the extra time waiting. I was out last week. This is currently in limited beta release with a handful of customers and we hope to make it generally available in the next couple of months.

@hross “couple of months” is quite a long time, how can we get on the beta release earlier?

Hello @grzegorz.tanczyk - It’s in “limited” beta right now. That essentially means that beta participation is limited to a few invited customers. When/if a public beta is available, I will let you know!

1 Like

Keen for this as well.

Some of our Synthetic monitoring endpoints cover finance sites and even these notoriously slow-to-update pages reject the monitor outright because it uses such an old browser version.

We also use the spectrum, from basic pings, simple browser visits to complex scripted browser journeys leveraging secure credentials. Thanks to existing API support, these are spun out in large numbers.

So having some of them fail for absolutely no good reason is a tricky conversation to have with clients.

Excellent examples @Rishav! I’ll make sure the team sees your thoughts as well.

2 Likes

Any update on when this update will be released?

The latest Synthetics update came in April - bringing with it Chrome version 100. Alongside that we upgraded to WebDriver v4.1, and Node v16.

When you create a new monitor you should see the runtime version as a selectable option:

See more here: https://newrelic.com/blog/nerdlog/next-gen-synthetics-runtime

… Unless they’re created via (even the latest) Terraform provider, per this thread : /

Any word on progress towards the big Synthetics GraphQL Milestone (github.com) milestone?

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.