Nerdlet Icons errors

Nerdlet Icons errors

Description
I am working in some nerdlets and today suddently when nerdlet loads, displays this error in every icon I have

You are passing a hardcoded type to icon ("interface--chevron--chevron-bottom--size-8"); use the constant reference ("Icon.TYPE.INTERFACE__CHEVRON__CHEVRON_BOTTOM__SIZE_8") or change it to the right value ("interface--chevron--chevron-bottom--size-8") (due 2/28/2021)

My code

<Dropdown
      title={'title'}
      iconType={Dropdown.ICON_TYPE.INTERFACE__CHEVRON__CHEVRON_BOTTOM__SIZE_8}
    >
     <DropdownItem>
        Item
     </DropdownItem>
</Dropdown>

How can I fix it?

2 Likes

Came here to ask the same question. All icons in my app disappeared today with the same error.

That’s really strange. Is the icon still showing up in the dropdown even though you’re seeing this error. Also, I’m curious if this is still an issue after a few days. I’ve used this before as you have and haven’t run into the problem

It looks like my icons are back this morning. No changes on my end though. @dgolden are you aware of any changes deployed recently that would explain this?

1 Like

Yesterday I still had the problem, but today all my icons are visible with no errors. I didn’t change anything by the way :thinking:

1 Like

Super weird. I’m certain this is an issue on our end. That said, I’d like to capture this and run it by the team responsible for it. @alex.plaza.gonzalez or @dpena if you end up seeing this issue again, can you tag me in a post or comment with a screenshot of the errors in the console? Thank you!

Thanks @dgolden. By the way, even though I can see the icons now, I’m still seeing this warning:

[a56297d6-4f7c-4559-983e-da61e7dcb2b2.nr…] You are passing a hardcoded type to icon 
("interface--info--info"); use the constant reference ("Icon.TYPE.INTERFACE__INFO__INFO") or change 
it to the right value ("interface--info--info") (due 2/28/2021)

Interestingly, this is my code:

<Icon type={Icon.TYPE.INTERFACE__INFO__INFO} />

Which it’s already what the warning is asking me to use.

1 Like