New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

New relic insight memory metrics for every 5 min interval

###Insights Question Template

• There are many ways to achieve a goal in Insights, tell us a bit about your end goal. What insights are you hoping to gain?

I’m trying to get memoryUsedBytes for all ec2 instances. I’m using below query and noticed that the timestamp is for every 10 min.

1. Is it possible that the interval can be 5 min instead of 10 min?
  2. The timestamps are sorted Descending. Can this be sorted ascending?

from SystemSample select entityKey, memoryUsedBytes where entityKey = 'i-002215bc91cf2a4b3' since 1 day ago LIMIT 150

• Please include the URL to the Insights dashboard that needs addressing:

• Let us know which NRQL queries you have tried so far:

from SystemSample select entityKey, memoryUsedBytes where entityKey = ‘i-002215bc91cf2a4b3’ since 1 day ago LIMIT 150

Helpful Resources:

Hey @chinu.lee - by default the infrastructure agent should be capturing this data at 5 minute intervals, not 10.

Can you conform whether you have set the polling interval manually (either by metrics_system_sample_rate in yaml or NRIA_METRICS_SYSTEM_SAMPLE_RATE as an Env Var?).

If not, this may be a native polling frequency from an older agent, we see that you are using an older version of the agent (1.2.6), could you update to v1.6.0 and let us know the results of that same query?

Thanks in advance

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for your reply. I just confirmed that we do have a different agent version installed in our infrastructure. However,

1. we do have a service which has the version 1.6.0 installed.
  2. I also confirmed that the ‘metadata/agent_config/infrastructure/MetricsSystemSampleRate’ setting is configured with value ‘5’.
  3. I don’t see the ‘metrics_system_sample_rate’ in the yml file.

What I noticed is if I query for less than ‘5 hours’ in fact it returns every 5 min as the configured setting.

from SystemSample SELECT entityKey, memoryUsedBytes where entityKey = ‘i-08b05062de4e61e55’ since ‘2019-11-10 08:00:00 PST’ until ‘2019-11-10 13:00:00 PST’ LIMIT max

However, If I extend the query for 24 hours, it returns for every 10 min.

from SystemSample SELECT entityKey, memoryUsedBytes where entityKey = ‘i-08b05062de4e61e55’ since ‘2019-11-10 08:00:00 PST’ until ‘2019-11-11 07:59:59 PST’ LIMIT max

Is it possible from the query level I can choose the interval to 5 min?

Thanks,