New Relic Kube Events Integration

nri-kube-events

Intro -

The New Relic Kubernetes events integration watches for events happening in a Kubernetes cluster and sends those events to New Relic.

Installation / Setup -

The installation method will not change although the repository is open sourced. Installation instructions still available here.

Support -

This Nerdpack is supported by the developers here in this community thread, or alternatively you can ask questions and in the Github Issues page. If you can fix the issue yourself, please do submit a pull request.

The full NRI Kube Events Readme and Repo can be found here

Where is the github repo for newrelic/k8s-events-forwarder?

I see that that version has been bumped to 1.13.0 in DockerHub, but the github site for the NR Kube Events above still references 1.12.0.

Ho @rick.dennis, thanks for pointing this out. However this is an open source resource and so we don’t offer support for this specifically and so I wouldn’t be able to accurately point you in any right direction.

Ho @rick.dennis, thanks for pointing this out. However this is an open source resource and so we don’t offer support for this specifically and so I wouldn’t be able to accurately point you in any right direction.

@nmcnamara This is not about requesting support. We just need to see the source code for that specific component. I too have the same question as @rick.dennis

Hi @tariq.ibrahim @rick.dennis - Thanks for highlighting this to us.

I have checked our repo for nri-kube-events and it does look like the image tag for newrelic/k8s-events-forwarder here is not aligned with the latest version in our docker hub. Let me check with our development team to see if this is expected.

I’ll get back to you as soon as I learn more.

Hi @tariq.ibrahim @rick.dennis I just want to follow up to provide an update.

On further investigation it looks like the latest version of newrelic/k8s-events-forwarder is actually linked to the nri-kube-events helm chart and not the config in the integration repo here. This points to the latest version of our image on docker hub.

The integration you install through our guided installer will reference the helm chart and so you should not see an old version being deployed.

That said we do acknowledge that the repo with the static manifest should include the latest version and a request has been made to change it.

In the future we do plan to deprecate these static manifests so that there is a single source of truth and to avoid any confusion.

HTH.