New Relic Terraform : newrelic_nrql_alert_condition.nrql: attribute `ignore_overlap` must be set to true when `expected_groups` is 1

Hello team,

I am trying to convert one of the Outlier nrql alert’s newrelic provider from 1.19 to 2.13

I have removed attribute ignore_overlap as suggested in the documentation. Terraform Plan runs fine and shows below

~ module.outlier_cpu-nrql.newrelic_nrql_alert_condition.nrql
close_violations_on_expiration: “false” => “true”
expiration_duration: “0” => “600”
fill_option: “none” => “static”
ignore_overlap: “true” => “false”

But, when terraform apply runs it fails with error

module.outlier_cpu-nrql.newrelic_nrql_alert_condition.nrql: 1 error occurred:

• newrelic_nrql_alert_condition.nrql: attribute ignore_overlap must be set to true when expected_groups is 1

It looks like terraform provider is not using attribute open_violation_on_group_overlap

Can someone please help.

Thanks,
Soumya

Hi, May I see the resource that you are having trouble with please? Do you have open_violation_on_group_overlap set for this resource?

Resource from version 1.19 to 2.13

Module changes of the alert with the above error looks like below

@zleslie
Please let me know if anymore information is required from me.

This appears to be a bug in the API, but while I chase this down, would you mind filing this on github please?

I stand corrected, this is a bug transitioning from REST to graphql. Thank you for pointing it out. Please file a bug on github so we remember to fix it.

@zleslie Issue raised https://github.com/newrelic/terraform-provider-newrelic/issues/1030

Could this be prioritised please as its blocking us from upgrading to the latest version of newrelic provider.