Not receiving emails (Suppression list issue?)

  • Please describe what are you seeing:

We recently transitioned one of our notification channels to a new email address. We are not receiving emails from that notification channel. When I try a test notification it says it is being sent but it is not received. If I change the address associated with that channel to a different address it works.

Due to a previous, but now fixed, configuration issue on our end I believe that the desired address was added to the suppression list as described here: Relic Solution: Email Alerts and the New Relic Suppression List

  • How does this differ from what were you expecting to see?

The currently configured email address should be able to receive test notifications and alert emails. Currently it is not receiving either.

  • If you aren’t seeing expected alert or data, please provide a link to the incident or violation (policy, condition, data app etc.)

Here is the link to the notification channel: https://alerts.newrelic.com/accounts/646973/channels/844834

The notification channel is currently configured with the desired email address that isn’t working.

Hello @pmcnally, I have removed this email address from our suppression list.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue or the behaviour persists. You could check this by sending a test notification. :slight_smile:

We would advise that you ask your mailbox admins to add the following email addresses: noreply@newrelic.com, support@newrelic.com, and *@mailer-d.newrelic.com to their whitelist of trusted sources to prevent these emails from going to spam folders / being blocked.

2 Likes