NRQL to determine request per minute

Hi Can anyone provide me the NRQL for the throughput query for this.

Moderator’s note: We moved this to it’s own topic because it shifted the discussion. For reference, @perra is looking for the NRQL related to this discussion: What does “request Per Minute” mean?

1 Like

Hi @perra! Because of the nature of NRQL, it’s likely there is more than one query for this—can you please tell us what you have tried so far? :blush: We can then help from there! Thanks!

Probably you will be looking for the rate function.

SELECT rate(count(*), 1 minute) FROM Transaction

2 Likes

Hi @Linds ,

Need your help for my persistent problem with Throughput in newrelic.

1. I am currently seeing a Throughput value in my application for the last 30 mins

for example

What I am looking out from here is - I tried to pull the Throughput value using an NRQL query with the app name but the count I am seeing is way more than the above-mentioned image.

is there any query to match with the above two values,

Please refer my query
SELECT count(*) as ‘Throughput’ FROM Transaction WHERE appName = ‘some random’ since 30 minutes ago

Your help is appreciated!
Thanks as always

Hey @perra - Was @stefan_garnham’s NRQL query helpful?

No @Ryan it is not matching with the data

Copy from above

Hi All,

Need your help for my persistent problem with Throughput in newrelic.

1. I am currently seeing a Throughput value in my application for the last 30 mins

for example

What i am looking out from here is - I tried to pull the Throughput value using an NRQL query with the app name but the count I am seeing is way more than the above-mentioned image.

is there any query to match the above two values,

Please refer my query
SELECT count(*) as ‘Throughput’ FROM Transaction WHERE appName = ‘some random’ since 30 minutes ago

Your help is appreciated!
Thanks as always

Hi @perra - You have given the total requests over a 30 minute period. You need to use the rate function.

SELECT rate(count(*), 1 minute) FROM Transaction WHERE appName = 'App from screenshot' SINCE 30 minutes ago

Hi @stefan_garnham

I see the data is matching with slight difference for the rest of the apps.

i need one more help - with one of the app name that by i am using the below query
SELECT rate(count(*), 1 minute) FROM Transaction WHERE appName = ‘Some Random’ SINCE 30 minutes ago
and i see the data is coming in APM is

and the data i see in insights with the query is

Any reason why there is a difference here and how can we can make the count match.

@perra - There is a difference between APM data (metrics) and Insights Data (Events) which is explained in posts below:

Essentially, APM values and Insights values will always differ slightly due to the fact that Transaction Events are sampled, and not reported in the same way as Metrics.

1 Like

Hi @RyanVeitch

I understand that. But what i am trying to convey here is difference in showing the value

The value i am seeing with NRQL is

Any chance of converting the 5,306 value to 5.19k or vice versa in NRQL.

Hey @perra - I’m afraid not, that data will always be slightly different.

If you need to, you can copy the throughput chart from APM to Insights, but that is not editable or accessible via query.

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/insights/use-insights-ui/manage-dashboards/add-customize-metric-charts

1 Like